Even those of us who don't have small children have probably heard about the latest big thing for the under twelve set - Silly Bands. They are plastic bands (not unlike thin rubber bands) in colors in various shapes - animals, dinosaurs, cooking implements, pirate stuff, you name it. If you're lucky, the Silly Bands you acquire also glow in the dark. Silly Bands are so trendy right now that some school systems have actually outlawed them because they say the kids are too distracted by trading and comparing them that they can't concentrate on their studies.As predicted, my kids are simply wild for them. Jane, curse her, has escaped this latest phenomenon because, as she points out, "I have a 14 year old boy and a 3 year old boy, one is too old (and too male) for Silly Bands and one is too young (and would probably be tempted to eat them)." I hate her.
Today was the last day of school so I visited Five Below (every tween's nirvana) and acquired a passel of Silly Bands in every shape conceivable. I am now the coolest and most popular mother in the universe.

No comments:
Post a Comment