She came to me a few weeks ago and told me she wanted to cut her hair and donate it to Locks of Love (www.locksoflove.org), a wonderful organization that makes wigs for children suffering from cancer. I'm not sure where she even heard of it but she was very, very sure this was something she wanted to do. I'll admit, I had a bit of heartburn about it, maybe since I've never been able to grow long hair and I was a bit attached to hers. No matter, she was firm in her conviction and asked me about it repeatedly until we agreed that we would do it this week.

So yesterday we went to the Hair Cuttery in Charles Town and she very confidently told the stylist what she wanted. We marked off her hair with elastic bands then SNIP, off came 12 inches of her hair. Now she has a cute shoulder length do with side swept bangs and some child suffering from a horrible disease will be able to go to school and not have the other kids stare. I am so amazingly proud of her I can barely speak. 
No comments:
Post a Comment