Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Little Christmas

As it is January 6, it is time to say goodbye to the Christmas tree. Anyone who is familiar with Wolfe family tradition knows that Vince is the captain of the Christmas tree and the rest of us are just the crew. So it is with its departure from the house. I was directed to remove my special ornaments (all the gifts and handmade kid things as well as the few ornaments I saved from my mother's house) and pack them away separately then JiaJia took over to remove the tinsel. Somehow Laura dodged a bullet, perhaps because she was doing homework, but in the end we removed the important stuff. The tree only has to lose its filler ornaments, my beloved angel on the tree top and off it goes into the woods.

This year's tree was one of Vince's best, even if we did have to go out in a blizzard to get it, and I'm sad to see it go. The pic is an interim shot, before it meets its maker.

No comments: